Saturday, March 22, 2008

Welcome Spring Watercolor


I don't know...this maybe hopeful wishing because there is still snow on the ground, but today I felt inspired to paint this picture from earlier this month.....



Remember this post on "evidence of spring"?
Now in my painting, I used my artistic license and made the female sparrow larger and the birdhouse a little smaller, removed the wood fence background, and added nice watercolor drip marks representing rain for the spring season.
Oh it's so much fun to paint!

This watercolor painting is called "Welcome Spring" and will be on display at the LaGrange Art Gallery on March 31 through May 2nd 2008. If it does not sell, it will be made available after May 4th on Christine Kane Art.

I have taken on a part time job as a newsletter editor as well as holding down my full time job. This may cause me less time on the computer as I am realizing there are too little hours in a day! Posting may decrease, I hope everyone understands.
Thank you!