Sunday, February 3, 2008

Little Red Schoolhouse Ain't Red No Mo'


My beloved, the Little Red Schoolhouse of Willow Springs, IL is under construction!
I almost gathered a tear. I've never seen her like this before. So stark and naked. "It's for your own good," I said, "you'll be stronger and better than ever."

No trails to the north open during construction, I bet the wildlife is a little bit giddy about this. Oh well, we'll just walk on the south trail, that's all!


Just how beautiful is this?
Too beautiful, I say.
Lots and lots of snow makes for an awesome landscape scenery. This is part of the south parking lot trail of the Little Red Schoolhouse. At this spot there is a pond to your right and a fenced in field to your left. It is neat to see all the wildlife trails and no human trails behind the fence.


Here is a close up of the fence which reveals just how much snow we've received within the last few days. Baby oak saplings are half buried in the background. The weight of the snow is just dropping off the fence. It is very, very quiet now...I hear a chickadee say, "chick-a-dee-dee-dee, chick-a-dee-dee-dee."
I smile.
On the snow of the post, I take my finger and draw a smiley face for the chickadee to view while flying above.
:)