Friday, February 29, 2008

Leap Year Sunset

Happy February 29th!


During the middle of the night we received another 2 inches of snow. It has been the snowiest winter in several long years. I never tire of it, honest. I know many friends and family are ready to bust out of their cabin fevers....not I! How can you be sick of this....


The blues, greens, pinks, and purples of a chilly winter evening, gave me such unspeakable joy! I can never tire of a beautiful winter sunset. On this leap year extra day, I decided to take a moments to visit Centennial Park of Tinley Park, IL. Centennial Park is basically a park built around a retention pond with a moat around it (shown in picture). At this spot, I spotted a male northern harrier and hundreds of mallard ducks, males and females. I didn't stay too long for it was a very, very windy evening with a strong biting wind.