Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Nature Lady Goes Back to School

It's official, yesterday was my first day back to school. I'm going to study earth science, in hopes that it will benefit my fine art, helping me to really understand what I'm painting and also this nature blog too. Eventually, I want to earn the title naturalist and not just claim to be one:)

Look at this beautiful pink weed! I don't know what it is. Do you see why I need school? This attractive thing grows behind my garage where I let nature take its coarse. No mowing or weeding allowed. It's only a little section of land about 8' x 20', but when left alone, really interesting plants grow. I would encourage everyone if you can, to have a little plot of "left alone land". The pink color variation is striking, some little bulbs (?) are dark pink, med. pink, light pink and white. This plant is about 4' tall but I have others that are short, 12" with flowers. If anyone knows what this is, it would be greatly appreciated if you can leave a comment! Thanks.