Friday, May 2, 2008

Before the Storms


Oh how I love my storms!
Spring is the perfect time to watch the atmosphere change in the blink of an eye. One minute it's unseasonably warm and the next buckets of rain are released from a saturated sky. Blink again and the air circulates in cool currents, carrying fresh aromas.
Thunder sounds and excitement overcomes you....well it does for me!

Today was great for beautiful threatening skies and a surprise storm or two.
This was a picture I took today about one hour before thy sky opened and a super soaker drenched the earth. I love watching sheets of rain attack the ground during high winds. One after the other. Trying harder than the one before.

I don't know why I love them so. It probably started when I was a little storm watcher with my Dad. Sitting outside we would watch the storms get closer and closer, feeling the rumble in the ground before finding safety inside. Too bad he lives in the desert now where they get about a drop of rain a year! Too bad, that's gotta suck.

There's nothing like a Midwest storm!