Monday, May 5, 2008

Because Monday Sucks So Bad

Yes, I know how you feel.
Monday is the worst day of the week, so to help with the pain of playing the rat race once again, we interrupt your stinky day to bring you these lovely pictures and video of Teason Woods, part of the Palos Trail System of the Chicago Cook County Forest Preserves.
Here is the best part of the yellow trail (all trails are labeled by color):


I just had to step off trail to get this cool profile of the bridge over a running stream. Oh how much fun I had! It never ceases to amaze me, just when I think I'm on a boring trail where all I see is the same thing I stumble upon something really cool and exciting. I love how the red contrasts against the spring green colored leaved in the background.


Here is what the other side looks like. At this spot I found many wildflowers, heard a frog (I don't know which kind), heard strange bird calls (I didn't recognize and couldn't see), and saw two butterflies.

To sit by a creekside in silence and just let it speak to you is something of which words will always come up short to describe.
So here is a little one minute video!



Hope you enjoyed even though it is still Monday!