Monday, May 12, 2008

Chivetastic


Look! The chives are beginning to blossom!
I have many chive clumps in my garden, not so much because I can't live without them, but because you can't kill them even if you try, bunnies don't destroy them, and they have a pretty purple flower.
Chives are apart of the onion family and have a real subtle onion flavor. Cut them up with a pair of scissors and put them in salads, dips, or as a potato topping. Yummy.
Now for the fun part....


Oooh, pretty purple flower! Look at all of those individual petals waiting to burst out! Surprisingly this close up was taken in the early evening. I like how the dark green background turned almost black against the flower. I don't know how that happened.
Let's get a closer look.....


Delicate, huh? I can appreciate this flower much more when enlarged this big. This could totally be a huge painting one day, cropped out just like this!
Yes, paint it then eat it!

P.S. Thanks Mom for letting me play with your camera....what a cool toy!
:)