Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Artistic License

Inspired by the Orange Jewel Weed from the other day, I decided to paint a little watercolor picture and write a poem, giving their trumpets reason to sound.


As His gentle breath breathes,

They begin to wave and nod.


Their trumpets make a sound

Of Autumn growing near.


Not to human ears they sound…

But to bees, to trees, and the deer.


“Find food fast my friends.

For Autumn’s hold is broad.”


“Least she finds you not prepared

And leaves you nothing but awed.”


In this poem, I tried to describe how the jewel weed's trumpets warn the animals and plants to prepare for the coming cold. And how does the trumpets sound? By the breath of God of course. Now, I know that probably doesn't really happen, but I'm using an artistic license to escape reality and create whatever I want! HA. It's soooo much fun to use an artistic license, it never expires and you renew it every time you use it. I highly recommend using yours. Don't worry if you feel as if you don't have one yourself, you're never to old to receive one!