Sunday, January 27, 2008

Snow Shadows

Crazy weather is about to come upon us once again. After experiencing freezing temperatures this week, by Monday we are due to hit 50ºF with rain, same for Tuesday, but then Wednesday is going to greets us with a cold blast and highs of only 19ºF!!!


This weekend I am going to appreciate the snow before it is gone in a hurry. I woke up this morning to find beautiful patterns of sun and shadow playing on the snow in my garden. Simple things like this always get me. I guess it really doesn't take much to amuse me.


Let's Experience This Picture:
"But it's just a picture of snow?"
Oh no, there's a lot going on right now.....

The smell outside as I take this photo is what snow smells like, clean, cool, and wet. There is a slight breeze hitting my face, not hash but gentle. I hear a lot of bird activity as they are flying overhead. Do you see the scalloped edge on the left side? That is from my fence. Too bad the sparkles shimmering in the snow did not take on the camera, just believe it is there! I also see pinks, purples, and various shades of blues but they are all very still, not moving as you would see in the spring or summer with leaves swaying in the wind...winter shadows are very quiet and still. I love them.

Hope you enjoyed experiencing the snow before it's gone!