Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Tiny Mushroom Forest

In my backyard, I have a corner designated as a little rock garden. Ever since I was young, I've had a rock collection. Oh how I love different color rocks, pieces of the earth in every imaginable color!
Anyway, to give my rock corner some interest I have added a tree stump to add height in this area. On this stump I sometimes add bird seed for the birds to feast upon.
Look what I found growing on top of my tree stump.....


Ohhh, it's my own mushroom forest!


Now, I don't like to eat them as you might know, but I sure do thing they're pretty interesting!
I counted at least 17. There may be more growing in the crack! Isn't that amazing? I only wish I placed a penny next to the mushrooms so you can get a better perspective of how tiny these guys were!

Amazing things come in small packages!